Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Spring Fling

(photo by Kate Kunch)



Jolie Holland is my latest obsession. With a voice often likened to Billie Holiday, she fulfills all of my americana, folk, blues needs and dreams all at the same time! I simply cannot stop listening to Old Fashion Morphine from the Escondida album and I am so anxious to go home after work and listen to her latest release, Springtime Can Kill You, again from ANT1 records. I was reading about her on American Songwriter and Filter Magazine and I was suprised to hear that she can neither read nor write music and is entirely self-taught. Check her out on MySpace too.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Listen also to Madeleine Peyroux (if you haven't already). She also sounds a bit like Holiday

Zozef

7:51 PM  
Blogger Daphne said...

Thanks for the pointer Zozef, gorgeous voice indeed but a bit too jazzy for my tastes.

11:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home